Fire broke out in a Mandaue City village on Sunday evening, December 6, leaving more than 500 individuals homeless as Christmas approaches.
According to the Mandaue City government, at least 93 families, or roughly 542 individuals, were affected by the fire at around 10 pm on Sunday.
“As of the moment, fire victims are temporarily sheltered at the Barangay Looc Gym and at the nearby elementary school,” the local goverment said in a public advisory on Monday morning, December 7.
The Mandaue City Social Welfare Services Office is currently providing fire victims with hot meals and starter kits containing essentials.
“The intake and validation process for all fire victims is now ongoing for the processing of the financial assistance for the affected families,” added the Mandaue City public information office. – Rappler.com