Provide your email for confirmation

Tell us a bit about yourself

country *

Please provide your email address

welcome to Rappler

Login

To share your thoughts

Don't have an account?

Login with email

Check your inbox

We just sent a link to your inbox. Click the link to continue signing in. Can’t find it? Check your spam & junk mail.

Didn't get a link?

Use password?

Login with email

Reset password?

Please use the email you used to register and we will send you a link to reset your password

Check your inbox

We just sent a link to your inbox. Click the link to continue resetting your password. Can’t find it? Check your spam & junk mail.

Didn't get a link?

Sign up

Ready to get started

Already have an account?

Sign up with email

By signing up you agree to Rappler’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy

Check your inbox

We just sent a link to your inbox. Click the link to continue registering. Can’t find it? Check your spam & junk mail.

Didn't get a link?

Join Rappler+

Join Move

How often would you like to pay?

Annual Subscription

Monthly Subscription

Your payment was interrupted

Exiting the registration flow at this point will mean you will loose your progress

Your payment didn’t go through

Exiting the registration flow at this point will mean you will loose your progress

welcome to Rappler+

welcome to Move

welcome to Move & Rappler+

Marcos: My signature in PDAF docs forged

MANILA, Philippines – Sen Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr denied involvement in the multi-billion-peso pork barrel scam, saying his signature in endorsement letters was forged.

In his first public comments addressing the issue, Marcos released a statement saying that an internal investigation of his office showed his signature and that of his staff was falsified and the documents involved were of “dubious origin.”

Marcos also released copies of the documents with the allegedly falsified signatures.

“In my 9 years as a legislator, both as a congressman and now as a senator, I have steered clear of any controversy. I have always exerted due diligence to ensure that every centavo allotted to my projects is used properly and meaningfully in projects meant for the people,” he said in a statement on Monday, September 9. 

Marcos said his office conducted the investigation after receiving a letter dated September 4, 2013, from Commission on Audit (COA) supervising auditor Magno Oasan. The letter concerned the authenticity of various documents involving the non-government organization National Livelihood Development Corporation (NLDC).

The senator said his office submitted the findings of the internal investigation to COA also on Monday “in the hope that it could aid the agency with its audit.”

Marcos said the internal probe revealed the following findings:

Marcos said he purposely kept quiet when the scandal broke out in July. 

“Instead, I instructed my office to conduct an investigation because I wanted to be very sure about what I would say since I didn’t want to misinform nor mislead the public,” Marcos said.

Marcos was named among the senators linked to the scam. The other senators tagged in the controversy were Senators Bong Revilla, Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada, Gregorio Honasan II, and Edgardo Angara.

Like Marcos, Estrada has said that his signature may have been faked in the documents.

The Senate blue ribbon committee though said the testimony of witnesses in its hearings that the senators signed liquidation reports of the NGOs help establish pin down their colleagues.

Last week, committee chairman Teofisto “TG” Guingona III was not keen on summoning handwriting experts to settle the issue, saying some senators already admitted to COA that the signatures were theirs. – Rappler.com