Metro Manila will be downgraded to Alert Level 3 from October 16 to 31, after the government’s national pandemic task force approved the move as announced by Malacañang on Wednesday, October 13.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, in a statement, said the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) approved the recommendation to change the alert level.
The alert level system remains in effect only in Metro Manila. The rest of the country will continue to be under the “quarantine classification” system.
What’s allowed in Alert Level 3?
Based on guidelines explained by Roque in past press conferences, Alert Level 3 means that most business establishments, facilities, and services are allowed to open at varying degrees.
Cinemas, theaters, theme parks, swimming pools, libraries, museums, and other tourist attractions, venues for social gatherings like weddings, parties, and debuts will be allowed for the first time in over a year, under Alert Level 3.
A full matrix of what’s allowed in the various alert levels is laid out in this Department of Trade and Industry advisory, released on October 15.
These establishments may accommodate up to 30% of its indoor venue capacity, but only for fully-vaccinated persons. Outdoor areas of these establishments can take up to 50% of its capacity.
All employees of the establishments above must also be fully-vaccinated.
Limited in-person classes for higher education and technical-vocational training are also allowed under this alert level.
The guidelines, updated on Wednesday, can be found in this IATF resolution.
Under this lower alert level, there will be no more age-based mobility restrictions, except for those imposed by local governments. Previously, kids have been told to stay at home except for exercise, seeking medical care, and other essential or emergency activities. – Rappler.com