Ateneo de Manila University said on Wednesday, August 18, it will not hold its college admission test again this year due to the raging pandemic.
In a statement posted on its website, Ateneo said it was once again “suspending the administration of the Ateneo College Entrance Test (ACET) as part of the first-year and transfer application process for School Year 2022-2023.”
“This is still due to the prevailing health emergency that will prevent the effective and safe administration of the entrance exam,” the university said.
Just like last year, freshmen applicants will be assessed based on the following:
- Academic and non-academic performance from Grades 9 to 11
- Batch ranking at the end of Grade 11
- Personal admission essays
- Recommendation letters
- Disciplinary records
Ateneo said it will begin accepting applicants beginning early September, adding that a separate announcement will be made on the exact date of applications.
Philippine schools had stopped face-to-face classes for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Classes were done via remote learning, and this distance education strategy will be implemented again next school year. (READ: FAST FACTS: CHED’s flexible learning)
Malacañang allowed limited physical classes for medical schools and other allied health science programs to ensure that the country has enough doctors as it continues to grapple with the pandemic. CHED said that it will expand limited in-person classes to engineering, information technology, and maritime programs if the President grants them permission. – Bonz Magsambol/Rappler.com