FULL TEXT: Grace Poe's response to disqualification case before the SET
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Grace Poe filed on Tuesday, September 1, submitted to the Senate Electoral Tribunal her response to the disqualification case filed by lawyer Rizalito David.
The complaint alleges that Poe, who topped the 2013 senatorial elections, is not a Filipino citizen and should therefore not be allowed to hold an elective position. David has filed a similar complaint before the Commission on Elections.
Poe is asking the SET to dismiss the complaint, saying the period for questioning her qualification for the post has lapsed.
Below is Poe's full 107-page reply filed with SET:
For copies of the annexes – 22 in all – attached to the response, click here.
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections