FULL TEXT: Why Comelec division cancelled Grace Poe's candidacy
MANILA, Philippines – It is the first step in what will likely be a long legal battle for presidential preference survey front runner Grace Poe.
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) Second Division granted the petition of Estrella Elamparo, which sought to cancel Poe's Certificate of Candidacy because the senator supposedly did not meet the residency requirements for presidential bets.
Poe's camp will "exhaust all legal remedies," spokesman Rex Gatchalian told media in a press conference Tuesday night, December 1.
Why did the 2nd division, composed of 3 commissioners, decide to rule in favor of Elamparo? Read the resolution in full here:
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections