FULL TEXT: Comelec First Division ruling vs Grace Poe
MANILA, Philippines – Voting 2-1, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) First Division ruled on Friday, December 11, to cancel Senator Grace Poe's certificate of candidacy (COC) for president.
Comelec Commissioners Luie Guia and Rowena Guanzon voted to cancel Poe's COC, while Commissioner Christian Lim was the lone dissenter.
Rappler is uploading the Comelec First Division's full ruling in three parts:
- the main decision
- Lim's dissenting opinion
- Guia's separate concurring opinion
Below is the main decision:
Here is Lim's dissenting opinion:
And finally, Guia's separate concurring opinion:
Poe likened her COC battle to a boxing match, saying that while she's been punched several times, she hasn't been knocked out.
The senator reiterated that her fight is not yet over. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections