Campaign Trail: Where the candidates are, Feb 22-28
MANILA, Philippines (7th UPDATE) – As Manila celebrated this week the 30th anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution that toppled the Marcos dictatorship, most presidential candidates campaigned in the provinces.
Presidential candidate Miriam Defensor Santiago had a speaking engagement in Cebu, while her running mate Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr continued wooing voters in 4 areas.
Here's what the week of February 22-28 looked like:
Monday, February 22
- Jejomar Binay held a motorcade in several municipalities in Misamis Oriental in the morning. He continued the motorcade in the afternoon going to Iligan City, where he had a rally.
- Grace Poe attended the flag raising ceremony at General Santos city hall in South Cotabato. She proceeded to her 9 am activity in Valencia, Bukidnon. Her running mate Francis Escudero was in Sarangani.
- Rodrigo Duterte graced the launching of the Kababaihan Kagabay ng Bayan Para Kay Duterte at 6:30 pm at RJ Bistro Dusit Thani Hotel, Makati.
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr had sorties in Muntinlupa City.
Tuesday, February 23
- Binay went to Pantao Ragat in Lanao del Norte before flying back to Manila.
- Poe did the rounds in Bontoc, Mountain Province, and held a rally in Baguio City.
- Duterte was in San Fernando, La Union. At 12:30 pm, he was at the Rotary Club of San Fernado; at 2 pm, he had a town hall meeting.
- Manuel Roxas II went around Bulacan.
- Marcos started his two-day campaigning in Tuguegarao City.
Wednesday, February 24
- At 1:30 pm, Duterte spoke before the Philippine Association of Local Treasurers and Assessors at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
- Roxas joined President Aquino in an event in Nueva Ecija, and had sorties in the province after that.
- Binay was in Batangas, particularly in Santo Tomas, Tanauan, Malvar, and Lipa City.
- Marcos was still in Tuguegarao.
Thursday, February 25
- Roxas attended the EDSA 30th anniversary celebration in Manila.
- Poe was in northern Luzon.
- Duterte was in Cebu. At 1 pm, he inducted the new officers and members of an organization in San Isidro, Talisay City. At 4 pm, he had a rally at the Central Technological University in Danao City.
- Binay began his two-day visit of vote-rich Quezon province. He visited Tiaong, Candelaria, Sariaya, and Lucena.
Friday, February 26
- Poe had a rally in Eastern Visayas.
- Roxas had a big rally in Zamboanga City with President Aquino.
- Binay held sorties in Silungang Bayan ng Tayabas at 9:30 am, then held programs in Lucban and Mauban in the afternoon.
- Santiago delivered a speech before students of University of Cebu-Banilad campus.
- Marcos went back to Pangasinan.
- Independent vice presidential candidate Antonio Trillanes IV visited Bacoor, Cavite.
Saturday, February 27
- Poe was in Eastern Visayas.
- Binay attended the PNPA Alumni Homecoming in Silang, Cavite. He proceeded to the Immaculate Concepcion Seminary Gym in Barangay Tabe, Guiguinto, in Bulacan for a program attended by senior citizens.
- Duterte visited Sultan Kudarat in Maguindanao at 11 am. He then attended a rally at Cotabato City Plaza in Cotabato City at 1 pm. Then he headed to Davao City, where he attended the Mindanao Women's Forum at 6 pm.
- Roxas went back in Bulacan.
- Marcos went around Cavite.
Sunday, February 28
- Marcos campaigned in Bulacan.
- Binay was set to campaign in Manila.
This page was constantly updated throughout the week as advisories from candidates' camps and their supporters came in. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections