Campaign Trail: Where candidates are, Feb 29 to March 6
MANILA, Philippines – (5th UPDATE) Candidates for national positions entered the 4th week of campaigning.
Next to presidential candidates, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr and Leni Robredo were the busiest this week, based on their schedule of sorties. Both organized or attended activities separate from their standard-bearers'.
Here are the localities that national candidates visited between February 29 and March 6:
Monday, February 29
- Presidential candidate Grace Poe did the rounds in Tuguegarao City.
- Presidential bet Jejomar Binay and running mate Senator Gregorio "Gringo" Honasan II had a rally at the Balikatan Covered Court in Las Piñas at 9 am, then a motorcade around the CAA compound starting at 11 am.
- Vice presidential candidate Ferdinand Marcos Jr started his two-day visit to Rizal.
- Leni Robredo, running for vice president, graced the Quezon City Women's Day celebration.
- Independent vice presidential candidate Antonio Trillanes IV visited public markets in Pampanga and Bataan.
Tuesday, March 1
- Poe went around San Fernando, Pampanga, and held a rally in Angeles City.
- Manuel Roxas II and running mate Robredo were in Parañaque and Muntinlupa.
- Presidential candidate Miriam Defensor Santiago delivered a speech before students of the University of Perpetual Health in Biñan, Laguna
- Binay visited Romblon.
- Marcos continued his rounds of Rizal province.
- Trillanes went to Zambales to also visit public markets.
Wednesday, March 2
- Roxas and Robredo were in Bohol.
- Marcos embarked on a two-day campaign in Laguna.
- Rodrigo Duterte visited Pangasinan.
- Binay was set to visit Aurora.
Thursday, March 3
- Roxas and Robredo started their two-day campaigning in Cebu.
- It was Marcos' second day in Laguna.
- Duterte campaigned in Vigan, Ilocos Sur.
- Binay began his two-day campaign in Bulacan.
Friday, March 4
- The Roxas-Robredo tandem continued its Cebu sorties.
- Marcos campaigned in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.
- Duterte visited Tabaco City and Legazpi City in Albay.
- Binay was iin Bulacan.
- Santiago delivered a speech in a university in Valenzuela.
- Trillanes was in Tarlac.
Saturday, March 5
- Duterte held an event in the Butuan Sports Complex in Butuan City.
- Marcos visited Nueva Vizcaya.
Sunday, March 6
This page was constantly updated throughout the week as advisories from candidates' camps and their supporters came in. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections