Campaign Trail: Where the candidates are, April 4-10
MANILA, Philippines (3rd UPDATE) – National candidates enter the 9th week of the campaign.
During the week of April 4 to 10, they are anticipating the results of latest surveys, as well as preparing for the only vice presidential debate organized by the Commission on Elections (Comelec).
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court is set to rule on the poll body's motion for reconsideration on the disqualification of presidential candidate Grace Poe.
Monday, April 4
- Vice President Jejomar Binay, standard-bearer of the United Nationalist Alliance visits Pampanga. He starts his day at 10 am with a visit to the Pampanga's Best Factory in San Fernando, then proceeds to Lubao for lunch and a motorcade that will go through Santa Rita and back to San Fernando. Starting at 4, he visits two resettlement areas: Northville Resettlement in Santo Tomas town, and the San Vicente Resettlement in Apalit.
- PDP-Laban presidential bet Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte visits Negros Oriental. At 12 noon, he does the rounds of Siaton town; by 2:30 pm, he is in Dumaguete City.
- Liberal Party standard-bearer Manuel Roxas II has sorties in Surigao del Sur and Agusan del Norte.
Presidential bet Grace Poe and her running mate Francis Escudero do a motorcade in the Camanava area in Metro Manila starting at 4 pm. It culminates at a 7 pm thanksgiving rally beside the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Valenzuela City.
Independent vice presidential candidate Ferdinand Marcos Jr goes around Rizal province, then proceeds to Quezon City.
Tuesday, April 5
- Binay campaigns in South Cotabato.
- Roxas does the rounds of Bataan and Zambales.
- Poe holds a rally in Cebu.
- Marcos returns to the Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas area, which he visited earlier in the campaign.
Wednesday, April 6
- Binay courts voters in Cotabato City
- Poe campaigns in Camarines Sur.
- Marcos campaigns in southern Metro Manila, in the cities of Muntinlupa, Las Piñas, and Parañaque.
- Duterte gives a speech in front of civil registry personnel in Davao City.
Thursday, April 7
- Poe does the rounds of Borongan, Eastern Samar, and in Catarman, Northern Samar.
- Marcos campaigns a second time in Quezon City this week.
- Duterte visits Palawan.
- Binay does his rounds in Quezon City
Friday, April 8
- Poe holds a rally in Batangas.
- Duterte gives a speech in Pasay City and campaigns in Muntinlupa, Las Piñas, and Parañaque in Metro Manila.
Saturday, April 9
- Poe campaigns in Catanduanes and Sorsogon provinces.
- Duterte visits Buluan and Marbel in Maguindanao.
Sunday, April 10
- The vice presidential debate organized by the Commission on Elections with media partners happens at the University of Santo Tomas.
Bookmark this page. It is constantly updated as advisories from candidates' camps and their supporters come in. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.