Campaign Trail: Where the candidates are, April 11-17
MANILA, Philippines (6th UPDATE) – With survey rankings still too close to call, and 4 weeks to go before election day, these are the places and communities where the presidential and vice presidential candidates are courting votes from April 11 to 17:
Monday, April 11
- United Nationalist Alliance standard-bearer Vice President Jejomar Binay campaigns in Caloocan City in Metro Manila. He starts his motorcade at 1:30 pm from SM Fairview and makes whistlestop at the Maligaya Market at around 3:30 pm. He proceeds to the Camarin Public Market, and expects to arrive at Bagong Silang Phase 1 Public Market by 6:30 pm.
- PDP-Laban presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte attends a women’s group event at the Cabalen Restaurant in Quezon City at 8:30 pm, then proceeds to a rally in Taguig, the home city of his running mate Alan Cayetano.
- Liberal Party presidential candidate Manuel Roxas II, running mate Leni Robredo, and their Senate slate lead a 3 pm gathering at the Maria Cristina Park in Tarlac City. Local officials are joining them.
- Independent presidential candidate Grace Poe campaigns in Oriental Mindoro and has a rally in Calamba, Laguna.
- Vice presidential candidate Ferdinand Marcos Jr campaigns in Iloilo.
Tuesday, April 12
- Binay does the rounds of Pateros, Manila, and Muntinlupa in Metro Manila.
- Duterte campaigns in Cainta, Rizal, at 1 pm; in Marikina at 4 pm; and graces a concert at the Amoranto Stadium, Roces Avenue, Quezon City, at 9:30 pm.
- Poe campaigns in Surigao del Norte and Agusan del Norte.
- Marcos has sorties in Bacolod City.
- Roxas campaigns in Misamis Occidental, Lanao del Norte, a Cagayan de Oro City.
Wednesday, April 13
- Binay is in Misamis Occidental and Zamboanga del Norte.
- Duterte campaigns in Bulacan. At 11:30 am he is in San Miguel; 3 pm in Baliuag; and 5 pm in Malolos then Meycauyan.
- Marcos returns to Iloilo, this time with her standard-bearer Miriam Defensor Santiago, a native of the province.
- Roxas and the ruling party continue to campaign in Northern Mindanao, this time in the province of Misamis Oriental.
Thursday, April 14
- Binay has sorties in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, and Zamboanga Sibugay.
- Duterte does the rounds of Batangas City starting at 3 pm. By 5:30 pm, he is in General Trias, Cavite.
- Poe does the rounds in Quezon City.
- Marcos goes solo again on his scheduled sorties in Bohol.
- The LP gathers at the Club Filipino in San Juan City for a "show of force" for Roxas and his running mate Leni Robredo. Roxas then flies to Isabela province for a campaign sortie.
Friday, April 15
- Binay campaigns in Zamboanga City.
- Duterte is in Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro, at lunch time, and proceeds to San Pedro, Laguna.
- Poe is in Camarines Sur for a rally.
- Marcos goes on a two-day campaign in Baguio City.
- Roxas speaks before farmers and fisherfolk in Pasay City, then flies to Batangas to speak before 2016 graduates.
- Rappler conducts its second senatorial debate at the University of the Philippines in Diliman.
Saturday, April 16
- Duterte attends the Masbate Rodeo Festival at 11 am.
- Poe campaigns in the province of Pampanga.
- Santiago joins Marcos in Baguio sorties.
- Binay ends his campaign in Zamboanga City.
- Roxas flies to Zamboanga and then Cavite.
Sunday, April 17
*No advisories yet
This page was constantly updated throughout the week as advisories from candidates' camps and their supporters came in. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections