Campaign Trail: Where the candidates are, April 18-24
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – They have only 3 weeks left to convince people to vote for them. This week, the presidential and vice presidential candidates are also awaiting the results of latest surveys showing who's pulling away from the pack or catching up with erstwhile front runner.
Here are the places where they will solidify their support base and convince some more voters to their side on the week of April 18 to 24. The week ends with the 3rd presidential debate organized by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) for the 2016 elections.
Monday, April 18
- Vice President Jejomar Binay campaigns in Cagayan de Oro.
- Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte is campaigning in Bacolod City.
- Administration standard-bearer Manuel Roxas II does the rounds of Samar.
- Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago delivers the commencement address at the Bulacan State University. Her running mate Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr joins her.
- Poe visits the cities of Las Piñas, Muntinlupa and Parañaque.
Tuesday, April 19
- Binay starts his two-day rounds in Sarangani and General Santos City in South Cotabato with his senatorial bet Manny Pacquiao. The world boxing champion is the congressman of Sarangani but traces his roots to GenSan.
- Duterte campaigns in Iloilo City.
- Roxas does the rounds of Bohol.
- Senator Grace Poe campaigns in Bulacan.
- Marcos meets with members of the transport sector in Quezon City and Filipino-Chinese business leaders in Manila.
Wednesday, April 20
- Binay continues his Sarangani-GenSan sorties.
- Duterte speaks at the Caritas Healthshield 21st Annual Marketing Convention at Boracay Regency Resort, then campaigns in Kalibo, Aklan.
- Poe visits Cagayan de Oro City and the province of Misamis Oriental
- Santiago speaks before students of University of the Philippines - Mindanao in Davao City.
Thursday, April 21
- Duterte campaigns in Cavite in the afternoon, then in Pandacan, Manila, in the evening.
- Poe visits Negros Occidental and Palawan.
- Marcos holds public rallies in Misamis Oriental and Cagayan de Oro.
Friday, April 22
- Marcos has scheduled sorties in Lanao del Norte
Saturday, April 23
- Duterte speaks at the Lyceum of the Philippines 64th Commencement Exercises at the Philippine International Convention Center at 2 pm, then campaigns among the Muslim community in Novaliches, Quezon City, before proceeding to a sortie in Bagong Silang, Caloocan.
- Marcos visits Tacloban with cousin and Leyte Representative Martin Romualdez who is also running for senator.
Sunday, April 24
- The 3rd and last Comelec-organized presidential debate for 2016 is held at the University of Pangasinan-PHINMA Network.
This page is constantly updated as advisories from the candidates and their support groups come in. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections