IN PHOTOS: A hot day ahead
PANGASINAN, Philippines — You will be awakened not by your alarm clock but by the blaring sounds coming from the bullhorns of vehicles passing by almost every minute. By the time you step out of the shower, you can already sing all of the 5 presidential candidates' campaign jingles. LSS sets in once you leave your hotel.
In less than 24 hours, the city of Dagupan was transformed into a virtual common poster area as supporters and volunteers filled up every available space with campaign materials. A Sunday worshipper lost her way to a church because it was covered with a huge campaign billboard.
Overnight, the establishments fronting the University of Pangasinan became campaign headquarters of all the candidates. Restaurants and parking spaces were converted into viewing places as if a Pacquiao fight is expected.
Festive but annoying. This is the atmosphere right now in this city, in one of the country's vote-rich provinces, as it prepares for the last leg of the #PiliPinasDebates. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections