Campaign Trail: Where the candidates are, April 25 to May 1
MANILA, Philippines – (UPDATED) It's the second to the last week before election day, and candidates for national positions are expectedly going back to vote-rich provinces, where they hope to consolidate their support base and sway the undecided to their side.
Here are the areas targetted by candidates during the week of April 25 to May 1:
Monday, April 25
- Vice President Jejomar Binay, standard-bearer of the United Nationalist Alliance, held a motorcade in Sison, Pangasinan, where he had lunch and afternoon rest, before holding a rally outside the Sison Municipal Hall.
- Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, presidentila bet of PDP-Laban, stayed in his city for unannounced reason. It was later revealed he was there to receive 5 Philippine officers, considered prisoners of war, who were released by the communist New People's Army.
- Presidential candidate Grace Poe held a mini rally at the Baler Sports Complex in Aurora province before lunch, then did the rounds of local radio stations. She proceeded to a hold mini rally in Malasique town in Pangasinan in the mid-afternoon, then had a motorcade through Bayambang, Bautista, Alcala, Sto Tomas, and Rosales. She held a rally in Rosales in the evening.
- Liberal Party standard-bearer Manuel Roxas II campaigns in Pampanga.
- Vice presidential candidate Ferdinand Marcos Jr did the rounds of Eastern Visayas, in some meetings even accompanied by his mother, former First Lady and Leyte Representative Imelda Romualdez Marcos, and uncle, former Tacloban City Mayor Alfredo Romualdez. He had motorcades, meet-and-greet sessions in Borongan, Eastern Samar; Catarman, Northern Samar; and Catbalogan City, Samar. He held a grand rally in Tacloban City in the evening.
Tuesday, April 26
- Binay starts his 3-day rounds of the Bicol region. He visits the public market in Naga City in Camarines Sur late morning, then proceeds to Tigaon town for a motorcade that passes through Goa, San Jose, Lagonoy, then back to Sangay. He holds a rally at the Sangay Sports Complex at 6 pm.
- Poe hops from the two Ilocos provinces to Isabela to Manila in one day. In the morning, she visits the Burgos Windmill Farm in Ilocos Norte, then takes a chopper to Vigan, Ilocos Sur, for a mini rally at the Vigan Convention Center during lunch time. She proceeds to the province of Isabela before returning to the city of Manila for an 8:30 pm mini rally at Moriones corner Sta Maria Street.
- Roxas campaigns in Negros Occidental.
- Santiago delivers speech at University of the Philippines in Los Baños, Laguna.
- Marcos meets with Iglesia ni Cristo Esecutive Minister Eduardo Manalo.
Wednesday, April 27
- Binay campaigns in Sorsogon province.
- Duterte is scheduled to have a dialogue with the Makati Business Club. He campaigns in Malabon City later in the day.
- Poe does the rounds of Pampanga and Bataan provinces, and Subic in Zambales.
- Roxas visits Cebu.
- Marcs spends lunch with members of online media in Makati.
Thursday, April 28
- Binay campaigns in Albay.
- Duterte campaigns in Bataan province and in Olongapo City in Zambales.
- Poe visits the provinces of Masbate and Albay.
- Marcos campaigns in Mindoro.
Friday, April 29
- Duterte campaigns in Daet, Camarines Norte, and in Naga City, Camarines Sur.
- Poe holds a motorcade at night in Quezon City.
- Santiago speaks before students of University of Negros Occidental - Recoletos in Bacolod City.
- Marcos visits Camarines Norte and Albay.
Saturday, April 30
- Duterte visits Sorsogon.
- Poe campaigns in Rizal province and Pasig and Marikina cities in Metro Manila.
- Marcos campaigns in Quezon and Laguna.
Sunday, May 1
- Duterte visits Pasay City in Metro Manila, then holds a rally at the Liwasang Bonifacio in the city of Manila.
- Poe goes around Metro Manila - Marikina, Pasig, San Juan, Quezon City and holds a rally in Mandaluyong.
This page is constantly updated as advisories from the candidates and their support groups come in. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections