Rain or Shine coach Yeng Guiao loses reelection bid
MANILA, Philippines – Rain or Shine Elasto Painters head coach Joseller “Yeng” Guiao lost his reelection bid as Angeles City First District Representative in Pampanga.
With 100% of precincts reporting in as of Wednesday, May 11, the results show that Guiao finished with 44,672 votes, coming in second to Carmelo Lazatin II of Lingap Lugud Capampangan with 78,197 votes.
Guiao, a member of the ruling Liberal Party, was hoping to win a second term.
Guiao, nonetheless, has the chance to win his first PBA championship in nearly 4 years with his Elasto Painters currently leading the Alaska Aces, 2-0, in their best-of-7 finals of the 2016 PBA Commissioner’s Cup.
Game 3 of the series is on Wednesday evening.
Rain or Shine’s last and only franchise title victory took place during the 2012 Governors’ Cup. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections