LIST: Celebrities who won, lost in 2019 midterm elections
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – A number of celebrities joined the race for local and national positions in the 2019 midterm election, some emerging as victors while others were not as lucky.
Isko Moreno beat reelectionist Manila Mayor Joseph "Erap" Estrada.
The children of Senate president Tito Sotto and his brother Vic would hold public offices as well as Vic's son Vico beat Bobby Eusebio for Pasig City mayor. Tito's son Gian was proclaimed as Quezon City vice mayor.
Richard Gomez was reelected to a second term as Ormoc City mayor in Leyte. His wife Lucy is poised to be reelected as Leyte 4th District representative. (READ: Leyte's 4th district: Will the Torres-Gomez clan take the last Codilla bailiwick?)
Star for All Seasons and Batangas 6th District Representative Vilma Santos-Recto enjoys a wide lead of over 30,000 votes against closest rival Meynard Marciano Sabili, with 84.23% of precincts reporting.
Daniel Fernando is ahead by nearly 300,000 votes over Christian Natividad in the Bulacan gubernatorial race as of 12:27 pm on Tueday, May 14, with 89.53% of precincts reporting.
In the national scene, former senator Lito Lapid is poised to make a comeback in the Senate, along with Bong Revilla, with 94.68% of precincts reporting.
But there are those who were less lucky such as Estrada, who lost his bid for a 3rd term in Manila. His two sons – Jinggoy and JV – are currently outside of the Magic 12 of the Senate race. (READ: House of Estrada falls in May 2019 polls)
In San Juan, actor Edu Manzano failed to dislodge Ronaldo Zamora, who was reelected as San Juan congressman.
Roderick Paulate was unsuccessful in his bid for Quezon City vice mayor, losing to Gian Sotto.
Be Careful with My Heart star Richard Yap failed in his bid to unseat Raul del Mar as Cebu's 1st District representative.
Imelda Papin is expected to win in the race for Camarines Sur vice governor, with 381,891 votes as of 12:47 pm on Tuesday, with 95.97% of precincts reporting. Her closest rival, Russel Bañes, got 317,040 votes.
Monsour del Rosario lost to Monique Lagdameo in the race for Makati vice mayor, while former Pampanga governor lost in his bid for mayor of Porac, Pampanga.
- Alfred Vargas won another term as Quezon City 5th Dstrict representative
- Former Viva Hotbabe member Jaycee Parker got a board member seat in Angeles City, Pampanga
- Jhong Hilario was reelected as councilor in the 1st District of Makati
- Jolo Revilla won unopposed as Cavite vice governor
- Vandolf Quizon won as Councilor in the 1st District of Parañaque
- Sharon Cuneta's brother Chet lost his bid for Pasay City mayor
- Toni and Alex Gonzaga's father Carlito "Bony" Gonzaga lost in the race for mayor in Taytay, Rizal
- Rommel Padilla was a distant second to Estrellita Suansing in the congressional race in the 1st District of Nueva Ecija.
- Jeremy Marquez, son of Joey Marquez, lost in the race for Parañaque vice mayor.