Earlier this year, President Rodrigo Duterte approved the holding of limited face-to-face or physical classes for medical schools and allied health science programs in the country.
However, it would not mean all medical schools in the country will be allowed to reopen their classrooms again.
According to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), among the requirements for the resumption of physical classes in medical schools is the retrofitting of several facilities to ensure that students would not be carriers of COVID-19.
CHED chairman Prospero de Vera III said that schools under general community quarantine (GCQ) would have to coordinate with their respective local government units (LGUs) for the approval of their applications.
Malacañang said the move to hold limited physical classes is to ensure that the country has enough doctors as it continues to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a statement sent to media on Friday, March 26, De Vera said that the 24 schools have complied with the guidelines and have been “inspected by CHED and their LGUs so they can now bring their 3rd and 4th year students for hands-on training and laboratory classes in a limited face-to-face system.”
“CHED will continue to monitor these HEIs and I am confident that they will provide safe and healthy spaces for their students in the coming months,” he added.
Here’s the list of the schools that have been approved to conduct limited face-to-face classes according to CHED:
National Capital Region
- Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
- Chinese General Hospital Colleges
- Emilio Aguinaldo College
- Manila Central University
- Manila Theological College’s College of Medicine
- Metropolitan Medical Center College of Arts and Sciences
- National University
- Our Lady of Fatima University – Quezon City
- Our Lady of Fatima University – Valenzuela City
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- PHINMA St. Jude College
- University of East Ramon Magsaysay
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of the Philippines – Manila
Cordillera Administrative Region
- St Louis University
- Mariano Marcos State University – Batac
- Our Lady of Fatima University – City of San Fernando
- Adventist University of the Philippines
- De La Salle Health and Medical Science Institute
- Our Lady of Fatima University – Sta. Rosa
- University of Perpetual Help – Don Jose
- Naga College Foundation
- Central Philippine University
- Iloilo Doctors’ College of Medicine
- University of Iloilo
- West Visayas State University
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- University of Cebu School of Medicine
- Blancia Foundation College, Inc.
- Capitol University
- Liceo de Cagayan University
- Xavier University
Rappler will update this page as new advisories come in. – Rappler.com