Who will cross examine Corona? 5 candidates
MANILA, Philippines - Lead prosecutor Niel Tupas Jr. said they are ready for Chief Justice Renato Corona's much anticipated testimony in his impeachment trial on Tuesday, May 22. They are yet to decide who will cross examine Corona, but they already have a shortlist of 5 prosecutors.
“We are ready. Myself, Congressman Rudy Fariñas, attorneys Mario Bautista, Art Lim, as well as JJ Justiniano. We’ve been preparing for this. Anyone of us can do the cross this Tuesday,” Tupas told Rappler after Day 39 of the trial.
"We are nearing the end. We've been looking forward to this since the presentation of evidence by the defense."
Tupas said they will definitely ask the Chief Justice about his dollar accounts. - Rappler.com
Click on the links below for more.
- Senators: Corona to attack credibility of evidence
- Corona won't go down without a fight - Cuevas
- Corona to testify Tuesday, May 22
- Defense panel: Corona will not resign
- Corona: Checkmate in his second year?