Baby, 6 others dead in Luzon storm
MANILA, Philippines - Tropical storm "Helen" has claimed the lives of 7 people, including a one-year-old baby from Ilocos Norte, as of 8 pm on Wednesday, August 15, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said.
A total of 5,040 families or 20,807 persons were affected in Ilocos, Central Luzon, and the Cordillera Administrative Region, the NDRRMC added in its latest report.
So far, the rain and floods damaged P755,500 worth of agriculture in Ilocos Sur and La Union.
As of 4 pm, the state weather bureau said "Helen" gathered strength again but was already moving away from Northern Luzon.
The fatalities are:
1) Jonaphe Pandosen, 50, of Baguio City. He was rescued from a landslide but was declared dead on arrival at Baguio General Hospital.
2) Ekmer Domines, 42, of Baguio City. He was also rescued from a landslide but was declared dead on arrival at Baguio General Hospital.
3) Fernando Dingayen, 49, of Apayao. He was hit by a falling tree.
4) Savino Mosquite, 44, of La Union. He died due to electrocution.
5) Princess Nathalie Jamon, 1, of Ilocos Norte. She drowned.
6) Armando Valdez Borbon, 37, of Pangasinan. He experienced an epileptic episode and fell into a flooded ricefield.
7) Andrew Mariano Batara, 47, of Ilocos Norte. He went swimming and was dragged by a strong current. He was rushed to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival. - Rappler.com