List: evacuation centers, relief operations in Metro Manila
(UPDATED as of 11:31 PM, August 9 2012) MANILA, Philippines - With over 20,000 people displaced due to torrential rains in Metro Manila, various evacuation centers have opened up to aid those affected by the rain.
Here's a list of major evacuation centers across the Metro, as well as relief operations that have already started:
(We'll be populating the list as more information comes. Note: You can also check the comments section below for more information on relief centers and evacuation centers in the Metro.)
- UST disaster relief drive now open. Needed: drinking water, instant noodles, canned goods, rice, clothes, footwear, pillows, blankets, sleeping mats, toiletries, and medicine. Drop-off points are the CSC office, Tan Yan Kee Student Center Lobby, or the Local Student Council Office. You may contact Agree Gonzales (09178460671).
- The Mu Sigma Phi of the UP College Medicine (UP Manila) is now collecting relief goods (clothes and undergarments, drinking water, blankets, canned goods, noodles, rice, sleeping mats, toiletries, sanitary napkins, and diapers). Donations may be dropped off at the Mu Sigma Phi Hut, UP College of Medicine, 547 Pedro Gil. St. Malate Manila. Contact Miguel Berba at 0917 823 02 09 for more info.
- San Beda College will be holding relief operations from August 9-11, 2012. Head to St. Maur's Lobby. Volunteers and donations need (canned goods, cooties, medicines, blankets, and toiletries.)
- The Rotaract Club of Manila Metro is in need of relief goods. Donations may be dropped off at 2150 Roxas Boulevard, Cor. Quirino Ave., Malate Manila 1004 (c/o Rotaract Manila Metro and and our sponsor club Rotary Manila Metro). For other concerns and inquiries, kindly contact us at 09175834490 or send an email to email@example.com or click here.
- The Polytechnic University of the Philippines Student Council has began relief operations. Donations are much appreciated.
- The Gabay Medisina Organization of MCU-FDTMF College of Medicine (Caloocan) is now collecting relief goods (clothes, bottled water, noodles, canned goods, rice, toiletries). Cash donations are also accepted. Please contact 09227613938 / 09474001960 / 09279874756 / 09223704618 or go to MCU College of Medicine, EDSA Caloocan City.
- Mats, old tarps, food, clothes for forwarding to DSWD are being accepted at The Commissary at Whitespace.
- The P&P Tattoo branch in Makati will be accepting donations for forwarding to the GMA Kapuso Foundation. Address: Unit G8 45 Polaris St. Bel Air Soho Condominium Brgy. Poblacion Makati City.
- Santuario de San Antonio Parish now accepting relief goods at parish center rooms 1-4. Volunteers are also welcome. You may call or text 09205085396 if you need someone to pick up relief goods. This is part of the San Antonio Parish Church relief efforts. You may also drop off your donations yourself.
- Welovepost accepting donations and relief goods at 6F Coherco Corporate Center 116 VA Rufino St., Legaspi Village, Makati.
- Assumption College in San Lorenzo Village relief operations begin tomorrow (August 8). Needed: cash donations, canned goods, bottled water, rice, and blankets.
- The Angel Brigade is now accepting relief goods at the Frank Provost Bldg, 120 Jupiter St., BelAir Makati. Tel: 8970383 / 8970307.
- Colegio San Agustin Makati will start accepting donations tomorrow (August 8) starting 8:30am.
- Philippine Red Cross Rizal Chapter- Makati City branch needs blankets, mats, canned goods, rice and drinking water. Contact details: 393-4685, 384-3092 / 0917-5093056 / 0917-8124062. Address: PCPI Compound, Sacred Heart St. cor. Sacred Heart Ext., San Antonio Village, Makati City.
- There's a food drive at The Ritz. People are preparing ready-made food to send to displaced families suffering because of the floods. They need plastic ice bags, rice, and hotdogs. Other donations are welcome as well. Full address: 2302B The Ritz Towers, Ayala Avenue, Makati City.
- The Ateneo Law Student Council has also began collecting relief goods (clothes, medicine, food items, drinking water, and purification tablets). Donations may be brought to the Law School Activity Center (LSAC), G/F Ateneo Professional Schools Building, Rockwell Center, Makati. Contact Person is ALS-SC EVP Bang Dizon 09274515169.
- The Mapua Institute of Technology Central Student Council (CSC) with the Council of Organizations and Council of Presidents are collecting relief goods or donations of any kind. Donations and relief goods may be given to the CSC once classes resume.
- Donations are needed at the Concepcion Integrated School. Roughly 582 families have been accomodated there, no food the whole day according to a DepEd representative.
- St. Scholastica's Academy in Marikina is offering shelter to evacuees.
- Evacuation centers: H. Bautista Elementary School and Concepcion Integrated School in Concepcion, Tumana Elementary School and Parang Elementary School In Tumana, and Parang Elementary School and Malanday Elementary School in Malanday.
- La Salle Greenhills has started relief operations inside campus. Donations are being accepted at Gate 2 of the campus along Ortigas Avenue, according to a Facebook post. As of posting, only the following donations will be accepted: ready-to-eat food, water, and clothes.
- People may seek center in Greenhills Christian Fellowship. You can also contact their Crisis Reponse team (0917-5327525).
- The lower ground floor of Mega Mall A is a drop off point for donations, as spearheaded by Divine Lee.
- Donations for flood victims may be dropped off at the main gate of the Poveda campus.
- Donations may be dropped off at UA&P Pearl Drive, SM Megamall, CCF (Christ's Commission Fellowship) 5/F St Francis Sq. Bldg.
- Don Bosco Technical College has opened its doors to Mandaluyong residents who have no place to stay. You may enter through Gate 3 along AT Reyes Street. Donations may also be brought to the Convent Building or the open gates of the school.
- Those in the Mandaluyong area may send relief goods, medicines, and other donations to the Solar TV office at the Worldwide Corporate Center along Shaw Blvd cor EDSA.
- Donations are being accepted at the RFM Corp. Center, Pioneer corner Sheridan Street, Mandaluyong City.
- Lourdes School of Mandaluyong also accepting donations for flood victims. Needed: mats, bottled water, biscuits, cup noodles, easy to open and ready-to-eat canned goods, slippers, blankets, and clothes.
- De La Salle Zobel has started relief goods collection and distribution for Muntinlupa flood victims. Bring donations of rice, bottled water, canned goods, noodles, blankets, mats, and clothes. Donations may be dropped off at Gate 7. For more details contact Jayjay Jacinto at 09178597602.
- St. James the Great Children of the Poor Apostolate (COPA) is a relief center in Muntinlupa. Needed: canned goods, bottled water, rice, noodles, and cash. Go directly to St. James the Great Parish Church on Cuenca Street of Ayala Alabang Village.
- Southridge is accepting donations for Muntinlupa flood victims. Drop donations off in the SR Lobby.
- The San Beda College Alabang College of Arts and Sciences has began relief operations. Donations may be left with the college guards, or at the 3rd floor of the St. Bede Hall (the Faculty Center, SEC/OSA Office).
- Philippine Christian Foundation Inc is helping families living in the Navotas cemetary. They need water. For cash donations: HSBC. Account name: The Philippine Christian Foundation Inc. (PCFI) Account No 000075697040. Swift code: HSBCPHMM. For water donations: PCF School, Smokey Mountain Reclamation Area, Paradise Heights, Manila. Road 10. For bulk donations: PCFI can arrange pick up. Contact Ms Elma Tulio at +63920-262-6998 or Ms Tess Sarmiento +0910-2805396
- Relief goods (canned food, rice, blankets, clothes, medicine, etc.) may be dropped off at the Tanjuatco Law Office at the 11th floor of Taipan Place, Emerald Avenue, Ortigas Center in Pasig. Look for Jessie or Jossette, call 6370200.
- UA&P also accepting relief goods. Both Pearl Drive and Escriva drive entrances are open.
- One Meralco Foundation is accepting donations in cash or in kind at the Meralco Center in Ortigas.
- The Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health will be taking in donations beginning Wednesday (August 8).
- Pasig Catholic College in Malinao, Pasig City is doing Oplan Relief. They welcome donations of rice, canned goods (or any food that are easy to prepare: instant noodles, biscuits etc.), clothes, blankets, or any goods (even money to buy relief goods) that may help our affected members of the community overcome this natural calamity. Donations will be accepted by our school guards.
- Accepting relief goods for drop off at evacuation centers. Also making sandwiches for distribution. Any donation (loaves of bread, spreads, materials for packing the sandwiches) will be greatly appreciated. Cash donations for supplies also accepted. Drop them off at Juanito's Bistro - 50 East Capitol Drive, Barrio Kapitolyo, Pasig City. Contact # 0917- 8381471.
- In support of DSWD's relief effort, DepEd is now receiving donations in cash and in-kind at DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, starting today until 17Aug2012 from 8am-6pm. We are accepting donations such as food, blankets, school supplies, slippers, mats, clothes and water. For cash donations: Landbank account name: OSEC Trust. Account no.0672-1000-20. For inquires please call tel nos. 6374933, 6321362, and 6321370.
- Merville residents may donate clothes, blankets, toiletries, rice, grains, canned goods, noodles, and the like starting Wednesday (August 8) from 10am-5pm. Collection point is at OLBL Parish, San Lorenzo Ruiz Hall.
- Manresa School in BF Homes now accepting donations in cash or in kind.
- Philippine Christian Foundation Inc is helping nearly 6000 individuals (mostly from Smokey Mountain). They need water. For cash donations: HSBC. Account name: The Philippine Christian Foundation Inc. (PCFI) Account No 000075697040. Swift code: HSBCPHMM. For water donations: PCF School, Smokey Mountain Reclamation Area, Paradise Heights, Manila. Road 10.For bulk donations: PCFI can arrange pick up. Contact Ms Elma Tulio at +63920-262-6998 or Ms Tess Sarmiento +0910-2805396.
- Relief operations at Ateneo have also began. Food, water, blankets, and clothes may be dropped off at the lobby of Cervini Hall inside the Loyola Schools campus. Updates on their relief operations can be found here.
- Akbayanihan Relief Center now accepting donations. Food, water, clothes, and the like being accepted at the Akbayan headquarters in 36B Madasalin Street, Sikatuna Village. You may contact (02)4336933 / 09175381816 / 09064304315 if you want to volunteer.
- Relief goods are being accepted at the Mt. Carmel Parish in New Manila, where 500 evacuees are staying.
- The Mother of Divine Providence Parish in Payatas needs uncooked rice, canned goods, noodles, and clothes. Donations may be dropped off at San Juan, Evangelista Street, Campsite, Payatas.
- IskoOperation in UP Diliman will now accept donations. They're also on the look-out for volunteers. Contact the USC-UPD or the college councils (09277571005 or 09065701029), according to USC-UPC Chairperson Heart Dino.
- Those living in the vicinity of Sto. Domingo Church in Quezon City are being asked to help provide food and drinks to 400-500 evacuees staying in the Church. Food, water, dry clothes deeded.
- The P&P Tattoo branch in Eastwood will be accepting donations for forwarding to the GMA Kapuso Foundation. Address: Unit G1-C Eastwood Citywalk 1 Eastwood City, Bagumbayan, QC.
- The GK Command center for relief operations is at the HRD Training Center, Department of Agrarian Reform Compound in Quezon City. They will be accepting relief goods (rice, instant noodles, canned goods, bread, coffee, and sugar.)
- TulongKabataan is accepting flood relief aid at 89 K-7th Street, West Kamias, Quezon City.
- Lourdes Church on D. Tuazon, Quezon City now offering space and snacks for evacuees.
- Relief operations for the PALEA campsite and APECO farmers have begun at the Corinthian Hills clubhouse.
- Those stranded in or around UP Diliman can take shelter at the Yakal Dorm lobby, Magsaysay St. cor. Apacible.
- Donations needed at Miriam College High School. Needed: canned goods, bottled water.
- Donations may be dropped off at the Oracle Hotel in Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City.
- San Jose Seminary inside the Ateneo Loyola Schools campus now open for those affected by the rain and flood.
- Over 2,000 families being housed at Rosa L. Susano-Novalishes Elementary School. They're in need of food and water, donate if you can.
- Beginning tomorrow, donations may be delivered to Moonleaf Maginhawa in Teacher's Village.
- Bridget School in Quezon City is open to those who are stranded because of the rain and flood.
- Rock Ed now accepting rice, canned goods, noodles, biscuits, and water at Camp Aguinaldo. Text Roy at 09178017693. Pick-ups begin tomorrow.
- The UP College of Mass Communication invites people to bring relief goods and donations to Plaridel Hall for UP-wide operations.
- Christ the King Parish along Greenmeadows Ave is now accepting relief goods.
- FEU-NRMF will be open for donations starting Wednesday (August 8). You may drop your donations at UG 8.
- Our Lady of Pentecost parish in Katipunan, Quezon city accepts evacuees. They also need mats, blankets, and bottled water.
- Dakila Artist Collective will be collecting relief goods. You may drop them at Unit 3A VS1 Building #34 Kalayaan Ave. Quezon City. (Near Kalayaan corner V. Luna, white building in front of Metro Oil).
- Relief operations also ongoing at the Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino office. Address: 76 K-7th St., East Kamias, Quezon City.
- The Lean Alejandro Foundation also conducting relief operations at 34 Matiyaga St., Pinyahan, Quezon City. Contact Gem at 434-2025 or 0923-826-3198.
- The Partido Lakas ng Masa office has began relief operations at 13 Rigor Street, Barangay Masagana, Project 4, Quezon City. Contact Ate Tina or Lara at 439-5811.
- As of 4:45pm Tuesday, 1464 families are seeking refuge in San Isidro Parish, 250 families in San Antonio de Padua Parish, 182 families in Old Balara. Donations may be sent to St. Peter parish in Commonwealth, Quezon City.
- Binalot has pledged cooked Binalot meals to be sent to evacuation centers. You may pledge meals through their Multiply page, or donate cash directly (details here). Donations in kind are also accepted at Binalot Hang-out Salcedo at HV Dela Costa core Valero Sts., Salcedo Village, Makati City.
- UP Law Student Government now accepts pledges for relief operations. Funds will be used to buy relief goods for flood victims. Donations may be deposited to BPI: UP Law Student Government (account number: 2283-1030-32), just make sure to contact any LSG officer for accounting.
- The Freedom from Debt Coalition is accepting donations and relief goods at 11, Matimpiin St., Brgy. Pinyahan, Quezon City. Telephone numbers: (02) 921-1985, 924-6399. You can also contact them at (Sun) 0932-872-6163, (Smart) 0906-317-0996, (Globe) 0908-894-5174.
- The Grand Terrace at 5 Villanueva Drive corner Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City is also a drop off point for donations. Look for Val, Badeth, or Ginalyn.
- Xavier School will accept donations from August 9 to 15, 2012. Bring relief bags containing: 8 canned goods, 12 packs of instant noodles, 2 liters of water, and 2 kilos of rice.
- Those living in the Fort Bonifacio area may drop off their donations at the Enderun college. Those who want to help may contact Luz Cleofas of the Taguig DSWD (5423693, 09175637314), says director Lino Cayetano.
PhilhealthCare, Inc. (PhilCare) is also currently conducting disaster relief drive for the benefit of the victims of the torrential Metro Manila rains. The company is accepting any of the following relief goods: canned goods, rice, drinking water and toiletries (toothpaste, tooth brush and soaps). Donations are being accepted at the following drop-off points: PhilCare Head Office (TAGUIG) – PhilPlans Corporate Center Building Lobby, Triangle Drive, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig; PhilCare Makati Clinic – 2F, iACADEMY Building, 6764 Ayala Avenue, Makati City and PhilCare UN Clinic – G/F Philam Life Building, UN
Avenue, Ermita, Manila. Donations are accepted until Friday, 10 August 2012, from 8AM to 5 PM. For more information, contact Rosie (802-7333 loc 19709) or Lani (802-7333 loc 19210).
- Donations for Valenzuela may be bought to the City Action Center at MacArthur Highway behind Puregold. Look for Dorothy or Tines.
Other evacuation centers and relief operations here.
Did we miss out on an evacuation center? Send us a tweet (@rapplerdotcom) or leave a comment below, and we'll update the list. -Rappler.com