MANILA, Philippines – A student at the University of the Philippines Diliman (UP) is graduating with a near-perfect weighted average grade of 1.004.
According to UP’s commencement announcements' webpage, Tiffany Grace C Uy, who will receive her bachelor’s degree in biology, will walk across the stage on Sunday, June 28, at the top of her class.
UP, the country's premier state university, is gearing up for its 104th graduation ceremonies, which will be held on Sunday at the University Amphitheater.
The rest of the top 10 graduates are:
• Emir-Deogene Mendoza, BA Public Administration, WAG of 1.101
• Gabriella Victoria Timbancaya, BA Psychology, 1.107
• Marielle Antoinette Zosa, BA Philosophy, 1.125
• Bryan Casper Chan, BS Computer Science, 1.126
• Kenneth Anthony Roquid, BS Molecular Biology and • Biotechnology, 1.135
• Vincent Oville, BS Geography, 1.136
• Maria Patricia Riego de Dios, BS Psych, 1.139
• Liezel Tamon, BS MBB, 1.144
• Miguel Niccolo Rallonza, BA Anthropology, 1.149
This year’s graduating class consists of 4,431 total students. Twenty-nine are graduating summa cum laude (those who’ve earned a 1.20 or better), while 248 will graduate magna cum laude (students with a weighted average grade or WAG up to 1.45), and 920 graduating cum laude (WAG up to 1.75).
Department of Education Secretary Armin A Luistro will keynote the ceremonies. – Rappler.com