Manila Mayor and presidential aspirant Isko Moreno cut President Rodrigo Duterte some slack as he reflected on his potential predecessor in a Rappler Talk Newsmaker episode recorded on Tuesday, September 21.
Moreno, who was once seen in photos doing Duterte’s signature fist bump pose, more recently exchanged barbs with the President over his government’s pandemic response.
The mayor has avoided allying himself with either the administration or opposition, claiming in his presidential candidacy launch on Wednesday, September 22, that he was willing to “work with anybody” regardless of political color.
But his name has still been floated as an opposition candidate, despite worries that he may be a closet Duterte supporter. In a June survey conducted by Pulse Asia, Moreno ranked as the second highest 2022 presidential preference behind Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte.
Watch the excerpt of the interview here. – Rappler.com
Read more stories related to Isko Moreno’s presidential candidacy launch:
- Isko Moreno pitches ‘inclusive, open’ governance in campaign launch
- LIVE UPDATES: Isko Moreno launches his 2022 candidacy for president
- Rappler Talk Newsmaker: Isko Moreno and his presidential bid
- Isko’s COVID-19 plan: Boost healthcare system while opening economy
- Isko Moreno won’t block ABS-CBN franchise bid if he wins presidency
- Lito Banayo: From Duterte campaign team to Isko Moreno’s