MANILA, Philippines – Weather bureau Pagasa announced on Sunday, August 12, that excess water was released from Angat Dam in Bulacan.
Pagasa said that one gate was opened at 0.5 meters to release 72 cubic meters of water around 4 p.m.
Angat Dam opened 1 Gate/0.5m equivalent to 72 cumecs at 4:00PM. Please take precautionary measures.— PAGASA-FFWS (@PAGASAFFWS) August 12, 2012
Pagasa said water level at the dam was 5 meters above the 210-meter spilling level on Sunday.
In a radio interview, Bulacan Governor Wilhelmino Alvarado said that the excess water from the dam will pass through Hagonoy and Calumpit areas 3 hours after release.
He said they might have to release more water as a new low pressure area approaches Luzon.
“But we’ll make sure that we’ll control the release of excess water later. There’s no need for our people to be worried,” he said in Filipino. – Rappler.com
For more weather updates, visit the #WeatherAlert Microsite.
More in #WeatherAlert:
- 85 dead in floods; over 3-M affected
- Disease alert in aftermath of floods
- P20,000 emergency loan available for affected GSIS members
- Maynilad reduces water supply
- What’s the weather like in your area?
- US pledges P4-M for disaster relief
- LIVE BLOG: August 8 weather and disaster-related updates
- LIVE BLOG: Flood, traffic updates, photos
- Live Blog: Overnight monsoon and flood monitoring, August 8
- A night of fear and rain
- Almost P13M in relief aid distributed
- PHOTOS: PH capital, nearby cities at a standstill in floods
- Filipino values emerge in deluge
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.