This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Except for those involved in disaster risk reduction and management, work in all government offices in Metro Manila remains suspended Tuesday, August 20.
Due to flooding and rain, work at the Supreme Court in the National Capital Region also remains suspended, the SC announced.
The scheduled oral arguments for the Reproductive Health law on Tuesday have been rescheduled. The oral arguments will be held on August 26 instead.
“For those outside the NCR, the discretion to suspend is given to executive judges,” the SC added.
Work at the Senate also remains suspended Tuesday, August 20, Senate President Franklin Drilon announced on Twitter.
“To Senate Employees: Work today, August 20, has been suspended due to the inclement weather. Pls. stay safe and let’s hope for a better weather,” Drilon said.
Other government offices that suspended work Tuesday are the following:
- House of Representatives
- Bureau of Customs in Port of Manila, as well as all related offices there
- Taytay, Rizal
- Makati City Hall
- Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
- Commission on Elections in NCR
- Department of Energy
- British Embassy Manila
- US Embassy Manila
- Quezon City Hall
- Pasay City Hall
- Bureau of Internal Revenue
DFA spokesperson Raul Hernandez said DFA and Consular Offices in the national capital region will be open on August 24 and August 31 to make up for the suspensions.
Meanwhile, the following establishments will also be closed Tuesday:
- Citibank, N.A. and Citibank Savings in Metro Manila
- Philam Life offices in Metro Manila, including the head office in Bonifacio Global City
- Except for SM Bacoor and SM Manila, all SM malls in Southern Luzon and Metro Manila will open by 10am