MANILA, Philippines – The odds are against Otso Diretso if preelection surveys are to be believed.
Out of 8 senatorial candidates running under the opposition slate, it was only reelectionist Senator Bam Aquino who made it to the “Magic 12” in an April survey. Former interior secretary Mar Roxas dropped out of the winners’ circle after previously being included in past surveys. (READ: Wiped out opposition? Latest survey fuels fear of return to pre-Martial Law)
On Thursday, May 9, Rappler reporters Lian Buan and Mara Cepeda join Newsbreak Chats to analyze how the opposition slate has performed on the campaign trail, the challenges they faced, the risks they took, and the possibility of them winning come May 13.
Join the discussion on Thursday, May 9, at 4 pm! – Rappler.com
MORE ON #PHVOTE ‘NEWSBREAK CHATS’:
- Newsbreak Chats: Keeping an eye on crucial local elections
- Newsbreak Chats: Vote-buying beyond just giving cash
- Newsbreak Chats: Should Philippine elections be this expensive?
- Newsbreak Chats: The May 2019 elections and social media
MORE ON ‘NEWSBREAK CHATS’ IN 2019
- Newsbreak Chats January 2019: Bangsamoro plebiscite, lowering age of criminal liability
- Newsbreak Chats February 2019: Disinformation, elections, and Rappler cyber libel case
MORE ON ‘NEWSBREAK CHATS’ IN 2018
- Newsbreak Chats December 2018: Top stories in 2018, what to expect in 2019
- Newsbreak Chats: Xi Jinping’s state visit, Rappler’s Fact Check Project
- Newsbreak Chats: Election fever, Cebu as ‘crime city’
- Newsbreak Chats: Trillanes’ amnesty revocation and arrest
- Newsbreak Chats: Rice crisis, Arroyo as House Speaker
- Newsbreak Chats: Marites Vitug on significance of ‘Rock Solid’
- Newsbreak Chats: Anti-tambay campaign, Duterte vs the Church
- Newsbreak Chats: Calida contracts, Cesar Montano, and PhilHealth
- Newsbreak Chats: Boracay closure, Kuwait OFWs, and disinformation
- Newsbreak Chats: Malacañang ban, quo warranto vs Sereno
- Newsbreak Chats: Navy frigates, Russian propaganda