DOCUMENT: Sandiganbayan decision that acquits Bong Revilla of plunder
MANILA, Philippines – The anti-graft court Sandiganbayan acquitted former senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr of plunder on Friday, December 7.
The court's special first division ruled via majority vote that Revilla is not guilty beyond reasonable doubt of earning P224.5 million worth of kickbacks through the pork barrel scam. The anti-graft court also ordered the return of P124.5 million to the Philippine treasury.
Revilla posted bail also on Friday for the graft cases that are still pending. He was brought back to Camp Crame while awaiting a release order from the court.
Revilla's former staff Richard Cambe and businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles were found guilty of plunder and sentenced to reclusion perpetua or imprisonment of at least 20 years and one day up to at most 40 years.
Read the full decision below penned by Associate Justice Geraldine Faith Econg:
READ related stories:
- Sandiganbayan acquits Bong Revilla of plunder
- Sandiganbayan orders return of P124.5M in Revilla plunder case
- Ombudsman Martires: We will not appeal Revilla acquittal
- Bong Revilla released: 'May hustisya pa sa ating bansa'
- Majority justices ’took the cudgels’ for Revilla – dissenter
- Cambe, Napoles could not have plundered millions without Revilla – dissenter
- ‘Forged signatures’ theory acquits Revilla in plunder case
- Aquino 'bewildered' by Bong Revilla acquittal
- 'I hope to follow suit,' says Jinggoy Estrada after Revilla acquittal
- Malacañang 'bows down' to Sandiganbayan acquittal of Bong Revilla
- Rundown of the trial: Is Bong Revilla guilty or not guilty?
- DOCUMENT: Dissenting opinions on Bong Revilla acquittal
- TIMELINE: Bong Revilla's plunder case and the pork barrel scam
- Sandiganbayan verdict on pork barrel scam: Bong Revilla not guilty | Midday wRap
- Updates on Bong Revilla’s acquittal | Evening wRap
- [ANALYSIS | Deep Dive]: Is Bong Revilla innocent?