TIMELINE: The novel coronavirus pandemic
MANILA, Philippines (28th UPDATE) – The sudden outbreak of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) swiftly shook the world after its discovery around a week into January 2020. With more than 10.2 million infected and 500,000 killed as of writing, medical researchers are racing against time to formulate a cure.
Here’s a rundown of what has happened since the 2019-nCoV emerged from its epicenter in Wuhan, China:
Other news you can use:
- FAQs: Ano-ano ang alam natin tungkol sa 2019 novel coronavirus?
- 'Novel coronavirus' or 2019 nCoV: What we know so far
- LIST: Where to get official, reliable info on novel coronavirus
- Philippines to create coronavirus hotline for Filipinos in China
- LIST: What Filipinos in China can do amid coronavirus scare
- The global spread of the coronavirus: Where is it?
- FAST FACTS: What's next after novel coronavirus declared an int'l emergency?
- Facing coronavirus: What local officials should do
- Novel coronavirus: What makes an outbreak a pandemic?
- What we know so far: The Metro Manila coronavirus lockdown
- What is 'enhanced community quarantine' and will it work?
- LIST: Transport options provided by local government units
- LIST: Where to get info on LGU responses to coronavirus
- When should you get tested for coronavirus?
- Where are testing centers for coronavirus in PH?
- What you need to know: Coronavirus cures, vaccines being tested
- Things to know before sharing others' personal info amid coronavirus outbreak
- LIST: Services considered essential during Luzon lockdown
- IN NUMBERS: What hospitals need to treat COVID-19 patients