MANILA, Philippines – The political career of former senator Miriam Defensor Santiago has been filled with bombastic words and fiery zingers.
Here are some of her memorable quotes and lines. (OBITUARY – Miriam Defensor Santiago: 'God is not out there but in you')
– Santiago, to a foreign suspect who interrupted her during a press conference when she headed the agency now known as the Bureau of Immigration
– Santiago, in 2001, when asked about her promise of jumping off a plane if then-president Joseph Estrada would be arrested
– Santiago, after she was removed from the shortlist of nominees for Supreme Court Chief Justice in 2005
– Santiago, to alleged mastermind Janet Lim Napoles during a Senate investigation into the pork barrel scam, November 2013
– Santiago, in a commencement speech at the University of the Philippines Cebu in 2014 (READ: Miriam on God, hell and the middle finger)
– One of Santiago's jokes and pick-up lines in a speech at the University of Perpetual Help, Laguna, March 2016
Check out Miriam's other memorable jokes and one-liners over the years:
– Santiago, when asked about her health, which was affecting her Senate attendance, during the 1st presidential debate of the 2016 elections
– research by Michael Bueza, Patty Pasion, and Jodesz Gavilan/Rappler.com
Here are more quotes from the feisty ex-senator.
Read Rappler's profiles on Santiago during the 2016 presidential elections: