Less than a year from elections, we are starting to get a better idea of what the 2022 presidential and vice presidential race will look like.
Bickering in ruling political party PDP-Laban is louder and messier, politicians are starting to suggest tandems, and a citizens’ coalition prepares to rally around a candidate.
Many are waiting to see what the notoriously unpredictable Rodrigo Duterte will do – will he give in to his partymates and run for vice president? Will he endorse someone and just retire when his term ends?
In this episode of the Seat of Power podcast, Malacañang reporter Pia Ranada takes you through developments in the 2022 political landscape and what they mean for Filipino voters.
- Episode 1: COVID-19 ward doctor assesses Duterte’s pandemic response
- Episode 2: Duterte’s hands all over ABS-CBN franchise rejection
- Episode 3: The frightening future of Duterte’s anti-terror law
- Episode 4: Duterte’s 2020 SONA in 5 minutes
- Episode 5: What happens if Duterte gets COVID-19?
- Episode 6: Duterte, Trump, Bolsonaro: The ‘medical populists’
- Episode 7: Pandemic leadership: Duterte vs Leni
- Episode 8: Duterte’s secretive Malacañang
- Episode 9: Duterte’s vaccine dreams vs reality
- Episode 10: Duterte’s role in the Cayetano-Velasco Speakership tussle
- Episode 11: 4 reasons why Duterte’s ratings are still high
- Episode 12: ‘Corruption crackdown’ by a master of spectacle
- Episode 13: Covering a President who lies
- Episode 14: Tarlac shooting: Blood on Duterte’s hands
- Episode 15: Unpacking the PSG vaccine mystery
- Episode 16: China’s new Coast Guard law and Duterte
- Episode 17: Duterte’s VFA threats: Negotiating tactic or rash outburst?
- Episode 18: Is Duterte responsible for ‘Bloody Sunday’?
- Episode 19: What is Duterte’s actual role in pandemic response?
- Episode 20: Duterte, despite bluster, makes big climate pledge
- Episode 21: A conversation with Lieutenant General Antonio Parlade
- Episode 22: Rodolfo Biazon on what the President should keep to himself