The person who revealed that some Presidential Security Group personnel had gotten a COVID-19 vaccine is also the person doing his utmost to stop an independent probe into it – President Rodrigo Duterte.
Rappler’s Malacañang reporter, Pia Ranada, unpacks this latest pandemic-related controversy to hit the Office of the President.
More important than what Duterte and his spokesman have said about this issue is what they haven’t said. Why so much secrecy over an act that Malacañang has publicly praised?
Listen to other Seat of Power episodes:
- Episode 1: COVID-19 ward doctor assesses Duterte’s pandemic response
- Episode 2: Duterte’s hands all over ABS-CBN franchise rejection
- Episode 3: The frightening future of Duterte’s anti-terror law
- Episode 4: Duterte’s 2020 SONA in 5 minutes
- Episode 5: What happens if Duterte gets COVID-19?
- Episode 6: Duterte, Trump, Bolsonaro: The ‘medical populists’
- Episode 7: Pandemic leadership: Duterte vs Leni
- Episode 8: Duterte’s secretive Malacañang
- Episode 9: Duterte’s vaccine dreams vs reality
- Episode 10: Duterte’s role in the Cayetano-Velasco Speakership tussle
- Episode 11: 4 reasons why Duterte’s ratings are still high
- Episode 12: ‘Corruption crackdown’ by a master of spectacle
- Episode 13: Covering a President who lies
- Episode 14: Tarlac shooting: Blood on Duterte’s hands
Listen to Rappler’s podcasts on Soundcloud, Spotify, Google Podcasts and Apple Podcasts.