Newsbreak Voices: A Halloween Massacre
MANILA, Philippines – On the eve of Halloween, 6 unidentified men walked into Addition Hills in Mandaluyong City, their faces covered by motorcycle helmets. In a matter of hours, 5 people lay dead on the bloodied floors of a house of one of the victims.
Police said drug paraphernalia was found on the scene, along with packets of suspected shabu. The motive behind the killing remains under investigation.
But neighbors told grieving families that the victims had tried to surrender.
13-minute listen. Written by Patricia Evangelista, read by Chay Hofileña, edited by Exxon Ruebe. If you missed the full story, you can read the text story here. – Rappler.com
- Listen to the 1st episode: Newsbreak Reads: Rowena Tiamson, not a drug pusher
- Listen to the 2nd episode: Newsbreak Reads: Drug user? No, Oman was a good son
- Listen to the 3rd episode: Newsbreak Reads: In war on drugs, lives of police at risk too
- Listen to the 4th episode: Newsbreak Reads: Martial law, the dark chapter in Philippine history
- Listen to the 5th episode: Newsbreak Reads: 'Nanlaban sila': Duterte's war on drugs
- Listen to the 6th episode: Newsbreak Reads: Propaganda war: Weaponizing the internet
- Listen to the 7th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Bakit dapat magpaka-diplomat si Duterte
- Listen to the 8th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Bakit ito ang nakikita mo sa iyong Facebook news feed?
- Listen to the 9th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Naalala n'yo pa ba si Lauren Rosales? Patay na rin ang kapatid niyang si JR
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.