Newsbreak Voices: Jerico's Angel (Part 1)
MANILA, Philippines – The boys of Riverside have one rule: a brother stands for a brother. So on the night Jerico Camitan, 21, was gunned down along with his ex-girlfriend by unidentified men fleeing on motorcycles, one of the boys snatched away the sign that said Jerico was an animal and a drug dealer.
The boys insist Jerico has never touched drugs in his life. The boys say the ongoing war on drugs has become an excuse for murder.
7-minute listen. Written by Patricia Evangelista, read by Chay Hofileña, edited by Jaene Zaplan. If you missed the full story, you can read the text story here. – Rappler.com
- Listen to the 1st episode: Newsbreak Reads: Rowena Tiamson, not a drug pusher
- Listen to the 2nd episode: Newsbreak Reads: Drug user? No, Oman was a good son
- Listen to the 3rd episode: Newsbreak Reads: In war on drugs, lives of police at risk too
- Listen to the 4th episode: Newsbreak Reads: Martial law, the dark chapter in Philippine history
- Listen to the 5th episode: Newsbreak Reads: 'Nanlaban sila': Duterte's war on drugs
- Listen to the 6th episode: Newsbreak Reads: Propaganda war: Weaponizing the internet
- Listen to the 7th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Bakit dapat magpaka-diplomat si Duterte
- Listen to the 8th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Bakit ito ang nakikita mo sa iyong Facebook news feed?
- Listen to the 9th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Naalala n'yo pa ba si Lauren Rosales? Patay na rin ang kapatid niyang si JR
- Listen to the 10th episode: Newsbreak Voices: A Halloween Massacre
Newsbreak was built on the tradition of integrity-driven investigative reporting. Furthermore, it aims to engage readers and the community.
You can join the conversation by becoming a Rappler PLUS member.
PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
More than that, you will help enable Newsbreak to continue doing compelling and investigative work.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.