Newsbreak Chats: Michael Yang, local elections, and Manila Bay rehab
Bookmark this page to watch the discussion live on Thursday, March 28, at 4 pm!
MANILA, Philippines – March 2019 ends with a bang after an ex-cop claimed that the Duterte government ignored his findings on presidential economic adviser Michael Yang’s alleged links to the illegal drug trade.
Dismissed cop Eduardo Acierto, former deputy director for administration of the Philippine National Police Drug Enforcement Group, said he had submitted the intelligence report to his superiors and that he had been in hiding since October 2018, after receiving death threats.
Can the famous Manila Bay be restored to its former glory within the time frame government officials have promised? Why is it important to also focus on the local race for the upcoming May polls?
Join the discussion on Thursday, March 28, at 4 pm! – Rappler.com
MORE ON 'NEWSBREAK CHATS' IN 2019
- Newsbreak Chats January 2019: Bangsamoro plebiscite, lowering age of criminal liability
- Newsbreak Chats February 2019: Disinformation, elections, and Rappler cyber libel case
MORE ON 'NEWSBREAK CHATS' IN 2018
- Newsbreak Chats December 2018: Top stories in 2018, what to expect in 2019
- Newsbreak Chats: Xi Jinping's state visit, Rappler's Fact Check Project
- Newsbreak Chats: Election fever, Cebu as 'crime city'
- Newsbreak Chats: Trillanes' amnesty revocation and arrest
- Newsbreak Chats: Rice crisis, Arroyo as House Speaker
- Newsbreak Chats: Marites Vitug on significance of 'Rock Solid'
- Newsbreak Chats: Anti-tambay campaign, Duterte vs the Church
- Newsbreak Chats: Calida contracts, Cesar Montano, and PhilHealth
- Newsbreak Chats: Boracay closure, Kuwait OFWs, and disinformation
- Newsbreak Chats: Malacañang ban, quo warranto vs Sereno
- Newsbreak Chats: Navy frigates, Russian propaganda
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.