Newsbreak Chats: The highs and lows of the Duterte presidency
Bookmark this page to watch and join the discussion live on Thursday, June 27, at 4 pm!
MANILA, Philippines – June 30 marks the third year since President Rodrigo Duterte was sworn into office.
The past years were anything but calm in the Philippines as controversies and issues hounded the Duterte presidency. His policies, including the bloody anti-illegal drugs campaign and his stand on dealing with China in the West Philippine Sea, have been criticized both at home and abroad.
On Thursday, June 27, the Newsbreak team sits down to discuss the highs and lows of the Duterte administration, the implications of his policies, and what can be expected in the next 3 years.
What defined the Duterte presidency since 2016? What were the positive things that happened under his administration? Can he rectify his mistakes? Watch the discussion on Thursday, June 27, at 4 pm! – Rappler.com
MORE ON 'NEWSBREAK CHATS' IN 2019
- Newsbreak Chats January 2019: Bangsamoro plebiscite, lowering age of criminal liability
- Newsbreak Chats February 2019: Disinformation, elections, and Rappler cyber libel case
- Newsbreak Chats May 2019: Cebu killings, election-related violence
MORE ON #PHVOTE 'NEWSBREAK CHATS':
- Newsbreak Chats: Does the opposition slate stand a chance?
Newsbreak Chats: Keeping an eye on crucial local elections
- Newsbreak Chats: Vote-buying beyond just giving cash
- Newsbreak Chats: Should Philippine elections be this expensive?
- Newsbreak Chats: The May 2019 elections and social media
MORE ON 'NEWSBREAK CHATS' IN 2018
- Newsbreak Chats December 2018: Top stories in 2018, what to expect in 2019
- Newsbreak Chats: Xi Jinping's state visit, Rappler's Fact Check Project
- Newsbreak Chats: Election fever, Cebu as 'crime city'
- Newsbreak Chats: Trillanes' amnesty revocation and arrest
- Newsbreak Chats: Rice crisis, Arroyo as House Speaker
- Newsbreak Chats: Marites Vitug on significance of 'Rock Solid'
- Newsbreak Chats: Anti-tambay campaign, Duterte vs the Church
- Newsbreak Chats: Calida contracts, Cesar Montano, and PhilHealth
- Newsbreak Chats: Boracay closure, Kuwait OFWs, and disinformation
- Newsbreak Chats: Malacañang ban, quo warranto vs Sereno
- Newsbreak Chats: Navy frigates, Russian propaganda