Newsbreak Chats: Growing role of women in jihad
MANILA, Philippines – Women are now emerging as the new face of the radicalized extreme, taking on active roles in terror networks that used to be dominated by men.
A Rappler two-part series deep dived into how jihadist wives tapped their "perceived innocence" to their benefit in carrying out tasks for the jihadi networks.
On Thursday, January 30, the Newsbreak team will sit down to discuss how women were able to navigate the system, how influential are they in war and violent extremism, and how they came to join the network in the first place.
Join us on Thursday at 4 pm for the discussion. Let us know in the comments below or tag us on Twitter (@newsbreakph) if you have any questions! – Rappler.com
MORE ON 'NEWSBREAK CHATS' IN 2019
- Newsbreak Chats December 2020: The year in stupidity
- Newsbreak Chats November 2019: What went wrong in SEA Games 2019 preparations?
- Newsbreak Chats October 2019: Where the Marcos vs Robredo electoral protest is headed
- Newsbreak Chats September 2019: How gov't is handling the GCTA, BuCor mess
- Newsbreak Chats August 2019: The GCTA law, Cardema, Bikoy, and how laws can be twisted
- Newsbreak Chats July 2019: After Duterte's SONA and Gem-Ver, what now?
- Newsbreak Chats June 2019: The highs and lows of the Duterte presidency
- Newsbreak Chats May 2019: Cebu killings, election-related violence
- Newsbreak Chats February 2019: Disinformation, elections, and Rappler cyber libel case
- Newsbreak Chats January 2019: Bangsamoro plebiscite, lowering age of criminal liability
- Newsbreak Chats December 2018: Top stories in 2018, what to expect in 2019
- Newsbreak Chats: Xi Jinping's state visit, Rappler's Fact Check Project
- Newsbreak Chats: Election fever, Cebu as 'crime city'
- Newsbreak Chats: Trillanes' amnesty revocation and arrest
- Newsbreak Chats: Rice crisis, Arroyo as House Speaker
- Newsbreak Chats: Marites Vitug on significance of 'Rock Solid'
- Newsbreak Chats: Anti-tambay campaign, Duterte vs the Church
- Newsbreak Chats: Calida contracts, Cesar Montano, and PhilHealth
- Newsbreak Chats: Boracay closure, Kuwait OFWs, and disinformation
- Newsbreak Chats: Malacañang ban, quo warranto vs Sereno
- Newsbreak Chats: Navy frigates, Russian propaganda