EO 28 - updates

Rappler's latest stories on EO 28

ARTICLE FINDER

Duterte wants law banning fireworks

Jan 09, 2018 - 12:07 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte wants Congress to pass a law banning fireworks, after the government reports lower fireworks-related injuries on the first year of implementing his Executive Order 28

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte presides over the 21st Cabinet Meeting at the Malacañan Palace on January 8, 2018. SIMEON CELI JR./PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

#ThewRap: Videos you need to watch this week, January 1-7, 2018

Jan 07, 2018 - 1:17 PM

Must-watch videos from this week

Firecracker ban, Tropical Depression Agaton, New Year in New York | Evening wRap

Jan 01, 2018 - 8:06 PM

Watch Rappler’s evening newscast with Mara Cepeda

DOH considers recommending total firecracker ban to Duterte

Jan 01, 2018 - 12:26 PM

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says imposing a total ban on firecrackers would require the government to provide alternative sources of livelihood to vendors who would lose their jobs

TOTAL BAN? A worker loads powder into a luces shell at a fireworks factory in Bocaue, Bulacan on December 26, 2017. File photo by Darren Langit/Rappler

77% drop in firecracker-related injuries vs 5-year average

Jan 01, 2018 - 10:36 AM

(4th UPDATE) Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says there were only 191 cases of firecracker-related injuries as of January 1, a big drop from last year

FIRECRACKER INJURY. One of 12 patients treated at the Jose R. Reyes Memorial Hospital  in Sta. Cruz, Manila, due tofirecracker-related injuries on January 1, 2018. Photo by Angie de Silva/Rappler

Village councilor arrested for firecracker use in Iloilo City

Jan 01, 2018 - 9:26 AM

Police nab Barangay Alalasan Kagawad Ricky Paloa after he lit a firecracker outside the designated zone, in violation of Executive Order 28

86 firecracker-related injuries as of December 31 – DOH

Dec 31, 2017 - 4:19 PM

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says they are seeing a 'downward trend' in the number of cases, crediting the President's ban on firecracker use in private residences

INSPECTION. DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III examines medical tools to be used at the Jose R Reyes Memorial Medical Center to treat firecracker-related injuries. Photo by LeAnne Jazul/Rappler

Ubial hopes for fewer firecracker injuries after signing of EO

Jun 21, 2017 - 8:40 PM

Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial says the implementing rules and regulations of the executive order need to go through one last round of vetting among stakeholders

SIGNED. Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial welcomes the signing of the executive order that limits the use of firecrackers to 'community displays.' Firecrackers photo by Joel Nito/AFP. Ubial file photo by Lito Boras/Rappler.

Duterte limits use of firecrackers to 'community displays'

Jun 21, 2017 - 12:56 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte signs an executive order that bans private citizens from staging fireworks displays at their homes