firecracker ban - updates

Rappler's latest stories on firecracker ban

ARTICLE FINDER

#ThewRap: Videos you need to watch this week, January 1-7, 2018

Jan 07, 2018 - 1:17 PM

Must-watch videos from this week

Firecracker ban, Tropical Depression Agaton, New Year in New York | Evening wRap

Jan 01, 2018 - 8:06 PM

Watch Rappler’s evening newscast with Mara Cepeda

DOH considers recommending total firecracker ban to Duterte

Jan 01, 2018 - 12:26 PM

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says imposing a total ban on firecrackers would require the government to provide alternative sources of livelihood to vendors who would lose their jobs

TOTAL BAN? A worker loads powder into a luces shell at a fireworks factory in Bocaue, Bulacan on December 26, 2017. File photo by Darren Langit/Rappler

77% drop in firecracker-related injuries vs 5-year average

Jan 01, 2018 - 10:36 AM

(4th UPDATE) Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says there were only 191 cases of firecracker-related injuries as of January 1, a big drop from last year

FIRECRACKER INJURY. One of 12 patients treated at the Jose R. Reyes Memorial Hospital  in Sta. Cruz, Manila, due tofirecracker-related injuries on January 1, 2018. Photo by Angie de Silva/Rappler

86 firecracker-related injuries as of December 31 – DOH

Dec 31, 2017 - 4:19 PM

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says they are seeing a 'downward trend' in the number of cases, crediting the President's ban on firecracker use in private residences

INSPECTION. DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III examines medical tools to be used at the Jose R Reyes Memorial Medical Center to treat firecracker-related injuries. Photo by LeAnne Jazul/Rappler

Follow firecracker law to avoid injuries, says Malacañang

Dec 30, 2017 - 6:13 PM

Communications Secretary Martin Andanar also reminds the public to cooperate with the Philippine National Police

INJURED. The DOH continues to monitor firecracker-related injuries ahead of the New Year in 2014. File photo by LeAnne Jazul/Rappler

At least 20 injured in NCR due to firecrackers

Dec 28, 2017 - 4:12 PM

The NCRPO chief also reiterates a ‘one-strike policy’ against cops caught discharging their firearms as part of the holiday revelry

NEW YEAR, NEW INJURIES. Doctors and nurses at the Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Centre in Manila attend to victims of firecrackers during the New Year revelry on Sunday, January 1, 2017. File photo by Ben Nabong/Rappler

Duterte limits use of firecrackers to 'community displays'

Jun 21, 2017 - 12:56 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte signs an executive order that bans private citizens from staging fireworks displays at their homes

Many Metro Manila cities 'severely polluted' during early hours of 2017

Jan 04, 2017 - 7:45 PM

Initial reports from the DENR show that 6 Metro Manila cities registered extremely dangerous levels of PM2 5 at the start of the new year

File photo from Shutterstock

Duterte weighs firecracker ban impact on 'industries'

Jan 02, 2017 - 8:02 PM

The President weighs considers the welfare that would be for the greater good of all Communications Secretary Martin Andanar says

FIRECRACKER BAN? President Rodrigo Duterte is weighing the impact of a firecracker ban on 'industries and laborers,' Communications Secretary Martin Andanar says. File photo by Rey Baniquet/Presidential Photo

DOH drafting EO to limit firecracker use in PH

Oct 12, 2016 - 5:50 PM

Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial expects President Rodrigo Duterte to sign the executive order before November

Aquino's New Year request: Don't use fireworks

Dec 30, 2014 - 12:31 PM

The last New Year s Eve celebrations in Metro Manila led to air pollution levels 10 times above safe levels

Photo from Wikimedia Commons

Palace backs proposal to ban individual use of fireworks

Jan 01, 2014 - 5:53 PM

Instead only accredited groups should be allowed to purchase fireworks with LGUs identifying safe areas for the display

FIREWORKS BAN. Should individuals be trusted with fireworks or should only accredited groups be able to purchase and handle them?