LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – Day 1 is in the books for the 2016 Palarong Pambansa here.
Student-athletes went all out in the first full day of competitions in athletics, basketball, gymnastics, softball and chess, among others.
This year’s very first gold medalist is 16-year-old Mia Meagey Niñura from Davao Region. She triumphed in the secondary girls 3,000-meter event and was only record-breaker for the day with a time of 10:03.4.
Check out some photos from the hard-fighting student-athletes on Day 1.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016’s fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year’s Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy