ATLANTA, USA – The 53rd Super Bowl saw a series of NFL records broken as the New England Patriots clinched a sixth title with a 13-3 win over the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday, February 3 (Monday, February 4, Philippine time).
– The Patriots tie the Pittsburgh Steelers as the most successful team in NFL history with a sixth Super Bowl win.
– Patriots head coach Bill Belichick equals the record for Super Bowl wins, joining George Halas and Curly Lambeau with 6 NFL championships.
– Tom Brady becomes the only player to win 6 Super Bowls, moving one clear of Hall of Famer Charles Haley, who won 5 titles.
– Brady, 41, is the oldest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, beating Peyton Manning’s mark. Manning was 39 when he led the Denver Broncos to victory over the Carolina Panthers in the 2016 Super Bowl.
– Brady has now played more Super Bowls than any other player, with Sunday marking his ninth appearance. Belichick holds the record for head coach appearances.
– Brady has more passes (392), completions (256), and passing yards (2,838) than any other player in history.
– Los Angeles Rams punter Johnny Hekker produced the longest punt in Super Bowl history with his 65-yard monster. – Rappler.com