Compubox, Sports networks unanimously give win to Pacquiao
MANILA, Philippines - Who got it right?
Manny Pacquiao lost his WBO World Welterweight title to Timothy Bradley by a split decision. The result was hotly criticized by celebrities and everyone else in social media. Even Top Rank CEO Bob Arum called out the judges saying they "didn't know how to score."
How did the judges score the fight?
Jerry Roth is the only judge who scored the fight in favor of the People's Champ, 115-113. Both CJ Ross and Duane Ford scored it 115-113 in favor of Desert Storm.
How did the rest of the sports world score the fight?
Fox Sports: 119-100 for Pacquiao
LA Times: 117-111 for Pacquiao
Guardian UK: 117-111 for Pacquiao
ESPN (Dan Rafael): 119 - 109 for Pacquiao
Compubox: Pacquiao outlanded Bradley 253-159 in total punches. Manny landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds.
HBO (Harold Lederman): #Compubox: Total punches landed/thrown in bout: Pacquiao 253/751, Bradley 159/839 #LedermanCard 119-109 Pacquiao
Fighthype.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
Eastside Boxing: 118-110 Pacquiao
Rappler also scored the fight 119-109 in favor of the 8-division world champion. So who really won? You be the judge.
Compare that with the official score card here:
Click on the links below for more.
- Mayweather Sr.: Pacquiao should have won
- Analysis: Fight far too close for comfort
- Arum on judges: These people don't know how to score
- Netizens blame Pacquiao's faith in shocking loss
- Shocker: Bradley takes down Pacquiao
- Celebrities contest Pacquiao loss on social media
- [VIRAL] Split decision memes spread online