MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – The ticket fiasco marring the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao buildup is finally over.
Mayweather Promotions and Top Rank, which represents Pacquiao, reached a deal with venue MGM Grand on Thursday morning Manila time, Yahoo Sports reports, ending a holdout over ticket allocation, credentials and hotel rooms.
A conference call between both sides and CBS Corporation President/CEO Leslie Moonves – who helped broker the original deal that made the long delayed bout a reality – cleared up the issues that have delayed ticket sales until less than two weeks before fight night.
“We resolved all of the issues and now we’re waiting for the paperwork,” Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said to Yahoo Sports.
Arum had told ESPN.com a day earlier that the draft sent to him on April 15 was not what they had agreed to in the term sheet, saying “We agreed that we would all be signatories on the final contract and then they sent us a draft of the agreement and it excluded us.”
Tickets priced between $1,500 and $7,500 will go on sale Thursday, April 23 at 3 pm ET and can be purchased online at mgmgrand.com and ticketmaster.com, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
Closed circuit tickets will go on sale at 6 pm ET and are priced at $150. They can be purchased at MGM venues in Las Vegas or by calling 1-866-799-7711 or 1-800-745-3000.
A limit of 4 apiece is being placed on purchasing venue tickets, while a maximum of 8 is being placed on closed circuit purchases. – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.