Rafael Nadal maintains lead as Russian breaks into ATP Top 20
PARIS, France – Russia's Karen Khachanov moved into the Top 20 of the latest men's ATP tennis rankings released Monday, October 22, following his win in the Kremlin Cup.
Third seeded wildcard Khachanov beat Frenchman Adrian Mannarino in straight sets on Sunday to secure his second ATP title of the season and moved into 19th spot in the rankings.
Khachanov became the first home player to lift the trophy since Mikhail Youzhny in 2009.
The top of the ATP rankings were unchanged with Spain's Rafael Nadal safe at No. 1 with neither No. 2 Novak Djokovic nor Roger Federer, in 3rd place, in action last week.
Latest ATP rankings:
1. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 7660 pts
2. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 7445
3. Roger Federer (SUI) 6260
4. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) 5760
5. Alexander Zverev (GER) 5025
6. Marin Cilic (CRO) 4185
7. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 3825
8. Kevin Anderson (RSA) 3730
9. John Isner (USA) 3380 (+1)
10. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 3335 (-1)
11. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 2910
12. David Goffin (BEL) 2855
13. Borna Coric (CRO) 2415
14. Kyle Edmund (GBR) 2330 (+1)
15. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 2315 (-1)
16. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 2155
17. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 1880
18. Jack Sock (USA) 1850
19. Karen Khachanov (RUS) 1845 (+7)
20. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 1842 (+1)
The extra mile
We are passionate about sports. Whether its a university, local, or international event, we aim to always to go above and beyond with our news, features, and analysis.
However, reader support powers our content. We ask you to take on the extra mile with us.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will receive special editorial newsletters, industry reports, and invites to exclusive briefings.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.