Osaka remains top spot as Wimbledon approaches
PARIS, France – Naomi Osaka retained top place in the WTA rankings on Monday, June 17, in an unchanged top 20 with two weeks to go before the Wimbledon Open.
Osaka and French Open winner Ashleigh Barty are playing on grass in Birmingham this week in preparation for Wimbledon.
American Alison Riske moved up 12 places to 49th following her win over Kiki Bertens in the final of the s'Hertogenbosch tournament in the Netherlands on Sunday.
WTA rankings as of June 17 (changes in brackets):
1. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 6,377 pts
2. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 6,125
3. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 5,685
4. Kiki Bertens (NED) 5,425
5. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4,925
6. Angelique Kerber (GER) 4,675
7. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 3,967
8. Simona Halep (ROU) 3,963
9. Sloane Stephens (USA) 3,682
10. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 3,565
11. Serena Williams (USA) 3,411
12. Anastasija Sevastova (LAT) 3,366
13. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 2,953
14. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 2,833
15. Qiang Wang (CHN) 2,752
16. Marketa Vondrousova (CZE) 2,746
17. Madison Keys (USA) 2,615
18. Johanna Konta (GBR) 2,430
19. Julia Gorges (GER) 2,400
20. Anett Kontaveit (EST) 2,335
49. Alison Riske (USA) 1,153 (+12)
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.