LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – The Department of Health Bicol Region reported consultations as of Thursday, April 14, that were done from the billeting areas and playing venues, as well as reports from Albay’s provincial hospital during the ongoing 2016 Palarong Pambansa here.
According to a health report released to the media Thursday afternoon, there were a total of 538 consultations at the 26 billeting areas occupied by the delegates and technical officials of the annual national youth games.
Sixty or 11% of the patients were transported to the Bicol Regional Training and Teaching Hospital or BRTTH.
The top 10 causes of consultations were: wounds, injuries, or sprain (112), acute respiratory infection or ARI (85), blood pressure monitoring (76), musculoskeletal pain (36), toothache (35), abdominal pain (34), headache (32), fever (27), loose bowel movement (24), and high blood pressure (12).
Meanwhile, 147 sessions were done at the playing venues with 35 (24%) of the athletes admitted to BRTTH. There were 17 patients taken to the hospital during the opening ceremony on Sunday, April 10.
The remaining 112 (76%) patients were managed on-site by the different medical teams, according to the report.
The causes of consultation in the playing venues were soft tissue injury, leg cramps, abrasions or lacerations, body weakness, and abdominal pain.
Meanwhile, for the reports from the BRTTH, the core referral facility of Palaro, 88 patients were managed at the hospital. Of them, 12 (14%) were admitted.
Food intolerance, upper respiratory tract infection or URTI, appendicitis, and blunt abdominal trauma were the top causes of admissions. – Joshua Caleb Pacleta/Rappler.com
Joshua Caleb Pacleta, 20, is a Journalism graduate of the Bicol University College of Arts and Letters. He is a Rappler intern for the 2016 Palarong Pambansa.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016’s fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
RECAPS AND MEDAL TALLIES:
- NCR wins 12th straight overall Palarong Pambansa crown
- 8 records fall at Palaro 2016
- NCR cops secondary boys football title in heated Palaro final
- NCR trounces Calabarzon for back-to-back secondary girls volleyball title
- Calabarzon defeats Central Luzon to win Palaro secondary basketball title
- Janel Maraguinot, sis of Ateneo’s Jhoana, is Palaro Best Setter
- Negros Island earns bronze in secondary girls volleyball
- Central Visayas sweeps NCR to retain Palaro badminton doubles title
- Mimaropa bags gold in Palaro elementary boys double takraw
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.