Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, Day 1: Medal tally, brief results
MANILA, Philippines – Here are the medal tally and brief results at the end of Day 1 of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Saturday, February 10.
|2. The Netherlands||1||2||1||4|
|3. South Korea||1||0||0||1|
|6. Czech Republic||0||0||1||1|
|8. Olympic Athletes from Russia||0||0||1||1|
Day 1 results
- Women's skiathlon - Sweden's Charlotte Kalla upset a record-breaking Marit Bjoergen as she won the first gold medal of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
- Women's biathlon sprint - Laura Dahlmeier won Germany's first gold medal in the women's 7.5km sprint.
- Men's 1,500m short track - Lim Hyo-jun claimed a first gold medal for South Korea as the hosts made a triumphant start to the Games.
- Women's 3,000m speed skating - Carlijn Achtereekte said she produced the best race of her life as she seized the Olympic title and led a Dutch podium sweep.
- Men's normal hill ski jump - Andreas Wellinger stunned reigning double Olympic champion Kamil Stoch to win the men's normal hill ski jumping gold in swirling winds.
– with reports from Agence France-Presse/Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.