Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, Day 1: Medal tally, brief results
MANILA, Philippines – Here are the medal tally and brief results at the end of Day 1 of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Saturday, February 10.
|2. The Netherlands||1||2||1||4|
|3. South Korea||1||0||0||1|
|6. Czech Republic||0||0||1||1|
|8. Olympic Athletes from Russia||0||0||1||1|
Day 1 results
- Women's skiathlon - Sweden's Charlotte Kalla upset a record-breaking Marit Bjoergen as she won the first gold medal of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
- Women's biathlon sprint - Laura Dahlmeier won Germany's first gold medal in the women's 7.5km sprint.
- Men's 1,500m short track - Lim Hyo-jun claimed a first gold medal for South Korea as the hosts made a triumphant start to the Games.
- Women's 3,000m speed skating - Carlijn Achtereekte said she produced the best race of her life as she seized the Olympic title and led a Dutch podium sweep.
- Men's normal hill ski jump - Andreas Wellinger stunned reigning double Olympic champion Kamil Stoch to win the men's normal hill ski jumping gold in swirling winds.
– with reports from Agence France-Presse/Rappler.com