Who are the #FacesOfPalaro?
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – Who are the kids at the 2016 Palarong Pambansa who battle under the heat of the sun or inside sweltering gymnasiums to claim victory and validate long hours of hard work?
Who are the kids who fight tooth and nail, not for fame but for at least a chance at a better life?
Last year, Rappler met the bright and happy people of Palaro in Tagum City. This time around, we put a spotlight on the participants in Legazpi City.
A Facebook album will be updated with photos and stories of the different faces we encounter at the 2016 Palarong Pambansa.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- Record-breaking runner from Davao gets offers from UCLA, USC
- Davao trackster bags first gold in Palaro 2016
- Central Visayas athlete aims to make his overseas dad happy
- Palaro's first PWD torchbearer shows sports binds all
- Leyte runner dedicates life to training in hopes of making PH team
RECAPS AND MEDAL TALLIES:
- NCR wins 12th straight overall Palarong Pambansa crown
- 8 records fall at Palaro 2016
- NCR cops secondary boys football title in heated Palaro final
- NCR trounces Calabarzon for back-to-back secondary girls volleyball title
- Calabarzon defeats Central Luzon to win Palaro secondary basketball title
- Janel Maraguinot, sis of Ateneo's Jhoana, is Palaro Best Setter
- Negros Island earns bronze in secondary girls volleyball
- Calabarzon, NCR to battle for secondary girls volleyball gold
- Central Visayas sweeps NCR to retain Palaro badminton doubles title
- Mimaropa bags gold in Palaro elementary boys double takraw
- All regions secure gold medals after Day 4 of #Palaro2016
- Negros Island Region sweeps secondary volleyball group, enters quarters
- NCR maintains lead as Caraga, Mimaropa struggle
- NCR vows to clinch 12th straight Palarong Pambansa crown
- Defending champ NCR races to 7 golds on Day 1 of #Palaro2016
Click here to read more stories on Palarong Pambansa 2018