IN PHOTOS: A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – From a grand parade of delegates to the historic lighting of the friendship urn, Albay certainly put on a show for the 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening ceremony on Sunday, April 10.
The Albay Sports and Tourism Complex inside the Bicol University Main Campus lit up with the bright colors of more than 14,000 student-athletes from 18 regions. A lengthy fireworks display also brightened up the night sky.
Check out photos of the opening ceremony below.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016's fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year's Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy
The extra mile
We are passionate about sports. Whether its a university, local, or international event, we aim to always to go above and beyond with our news, features, and analysis.
However, reader support powers our content. We ask you to take on the extra mile with us.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will receive special editorial newsletters, industry reports, and invites to exclusive briefings.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.
Click here to read more stories on Palarong Pambansa 2018