IN PHOTOS: #Palaro2016's fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – From grit to determination, aggression to excitement.
The 2016 Palarong Pambansa spurs almost every expression and emotion from hard-fighting student-athletes in the Philippines.
In this photo set, Rappler photographer Roy Secretario captures the most candid moments showcasing athletes' raw emotion in the heat of tough competition.
See photos of this year's fastest female runner at Palaro, plus photos from chess, baseball, arnis, softball, boxing, taekwondo, and football.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year's Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy
Click here to read more stories on Palarong Pambansa 2018