Born without hands or feet, a young athlete dives into his first Palaro
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – He has neither hands nor feet. But he has genuine dreams.
Taladro, an 8-year-old pupil of Maramba Elementary School, desires to join not only swimming but also other sports like soccer despite his condition.
"Ito yung una niyang sali pero advantage niya na bata pa lang lumalangoy na talaga siya kasi nakatira sila malapit sa dagat. Pag dating niya dito, gusto nga niyang sumali sa soccer," Joseph Villareal, Taladro's dedicated coach, said in an interview.
(This is first time to join but his advantage is he has been swimming since he was a child because he lives near the sea. When he got here, he wanted to join soccer.)
His hope may be tough but never too high for a little kid who has a big heart and is open for countless possibilities.
Young as he is, his resiliency helps him endure the hardships of training.
Against all odds, he manages to fairly compete and to successfully finish the race he started.
A promising athlete despite his condition, Taladro is a true face of Palaro. – Rappler.com
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- Blind Palaro athlete has clear vision for future
- Two Dumaguete City archers take home gold, silver medals
- Palaro ARMM athletes learn real life values from arnis
- CAR loses men's wrestling title, pushes for sport regularization at Palaro
- Palaro swimming coach dedicates all to late son
RECAPS AND MEDAL TALLIES:
- NCR wins 12th straight overall Palarong Pambansa crown
- 8 records fall at Palaro 2016
- NCR cops secondary boys football title in heated Palaro final
- NCR trounces Calabarzon for back-to-back secondary girls volleyball title
- Calabarzon defeats Central Luzon to win Palaro secondary basketball title
- Janel Maraguinot, sis of Ateneo's Jhoana, is Palaro Best Setter
- Negros Island earns bronze in secondary girls volleyball
- Central Visayas sweeps NCR to retain Palaro badminton doubles title
- Mimaropa bags gold in Palaro elementary boys double takraw
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year's Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy
Click here to read more stories on Palarong Pambansa 2018