All regions secure gold medals after Day 4 of #Palaro2016
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – No region will leave this city without a gold medal.
Last year's cellar dwellers Ilocos Region – as well as Zamboanga Peninsula and CARAGA – finally snatched gold medals at the close fo Day 4 in the 2016 Palarong Pambansa.
Ilocos Region picked up its only gold so far in the secondary boys 110-meter hurdles. The region also has 9 silvers and 14 bronzes as they currently sit at 16th place, two places from the bottom.
Zamboanga Peninsula, on the other hand, won gold in the elementary boys 100-meter dash to add to its 6-9 silver-bronze haul so far.
CARAGA continues its struggle in last place, having won its lone gold from secondary boys archery at the 70-meter distance. They have 4 silvers and 10 bronzes.
Reigning 11-time champion NCR remains a distant lead with 61 golds, 36 silvers, and 28 bronzes. Calabarzon is a far second with 29-24-32 medals on its plate.
But they haven't secured the bridesmaid finish as Western Visayas, Northern Mindanao, the new Negros Island Region, and Soccsksargen are still threats for a podium finish.
Soccsksargen's Feberoy Kasi clocked in 10.74 seconds Thursday morning to break 100-meter dash record of 10.8 seconds set by NCR's Jomar Udtohan in 2014.
Full results per sport can be viewed here. Check out the full medal tally as of 10:33 pm below.
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016's fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year's Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy
Click here to read more stories on Palarong Pambansa 2018